Friday, February 10, 2012

all hail le macaron!

I have got a wicked sweet tooth, folks. In other words, dessert time rolls around and this girl gets excited! I've got favorites that range from classic blueberry pie all warm and gooey, to lemon soufflĂ© with it's fluffy texture and blend of sweet and tart flavors. Naturally, any kind of chocolate decadence is a winner in my book, but the treat that 'takes the cake' in my opinion is le macaron


Now perhaps my love for le macaron can be easily explained because I'm a serious Francophile, but no matter how you slice it I simply adore them. For me, nothing beats the pure bliss that my taste buds experience when I bite down into one of these tiny confectionary sandwiches. So dainty; so beautiful. With a perfectly creamy layer resting between two delicate meringue shells they are like miniature masterpieces; Being both crispy and tender they just melt in your mouth. 


There are a myriad of flavors to choose from. For the more traditional palates I recommend the classics: vanilla, chocolate, caramel and pistachio. For those of you who want to treat your taste buds to an adventure, I recommend flavors such as organge blossom, champagne, and passionfruit. All of them are truly heavenly. You can't go wrong!



Here are three of my favorite macaron masters located in Manhattan. 

Who is your favorite macaron maker?


Francois Payard Bakery
116 West Houston Street 
New York, NY 10012

Ladurée
864 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10021

Maison du Macaron
132 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10011



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...