Friday, March 2, 2012

Anybody need a witness?

I just recently got hitched (yay!) and have since been going through the rigamarole of changing my name on the usual suspects. Driver's license - check! Social security card - check! One more to go - Passport. So off I went to the City Clerk's office in Manhattan to request an additional copy of my marriage certificate.

It was a chilly, damp NYC day, totally not the kind of day you want to be outside if you can help it, but I was determined to get this taken care of. I marched up the stairs and into the building mentally prepared to have a lengthy wait, and to my surprise it was an absolute breeze! I was checked-in in less than 5, up to the window in 2, and out in 3. Amazing! I barely had time to glance around at all of the wonderful ladies and gents who were there to make it official.

I was cruising toward the exit, smiling, reminiscing, brimming with joy from the memory of the last time I made that very same walk when all of a sudden, "Excuse me, Miss?" said an adorable blonde woman standing against the wall with a tall, dark and handsome gentlemen standing beside her. "Me?", I asked incredulously. "Yeah. Hi! I'm sorry to bother you, but we didn't realize we needed a witness... Would you mind? This gentlemen here..." she said, pointing to the man at the desk who checks you in, "... he said it shouldn't take very long."
Oh. My. Gosh.
"OF COURSE!", I said. "No problem at all!"
They were elated! It's was so totally random, but it was amazing. I know I didn't know them and I'll probably never see them again, but I was the only other person, aside from the JOP, privy to this monumentally special moment. How cool?!?! Congratulations again, to the both of you, where ever you are!

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...